T-o2 was an attempt at a modular turbot design.  I decided to take this design approach after stripping a gear-motor in my first turbot, Turbot_01.  With no way to change the gear-motor, I was forced to retire my favorite robot.  The design of T-o2 came out very well and exceeded all of my expectations.
     The motors are each fixed to a mounting plate which also serve as standoffs for the two brass chassis plates.  I used a Dremel tool to custom machine the chassis plates.  With the new design, it is possible to easily access the internal circuitry by removing only four screws.  The whole robot can be disassembled and reassembled with little fuss.
     For the circuitry, I used two Miller Solar Engine PCBs from
Solarbotics and wired them together to form a Miller Popper configuration (the same circuit I used in Turbot_01).  I chose some very nice Escap gear-motors for their efficiency and small footprint (more on this later).  By using the Solarbotics PCBs and the compact gearmotors, I was able to fit everything in a nice small package while, at the same time, conserving the ability to repair any future malfunctions (the downfall of Turbot_01).
     As for the performance, I have to say I am very disappointed.  I unknowingly used gearmotors with the wrong gear reduction, which provided the robot with too little torque to flip itself.  I need to find some Escap gearmotors with the same gear ratio as I used on Turbot_01 and replace these to get the robot working.
     In all I am very happy with the design of the robot but, sadly, it was doomed from the start due to the insufficient gear ratio.  Hopefully I can find some appropriately sized motors to replace these to get the robot working.  Oh well....  it was a wonderful learning experience and its pretty (one kick-ass paper weight).

My scale drawing I used to build T-o2

Chassis construction

Circuitry and completed chasses

Final assembly with arms attached